When you sit for a competitive exam, scoring well in the current affairs section turns out to be a challenge. As a prospective candidate, you should make it a point to go through the current affairs on a daily basis about both national and international news. The reason behind is in every competitive exam, cracking the current affairs or general knowledge section is not a cake walk. You have to put in a lot of serious effort to score good marks.
The different sources
Gathering relevant information about current affairs today is quite easy. There are various mediums like radio, TV, magazines, newspapers, internet etc. that can help you prepare in this regard. All you need to do is get into the habit of going through these sources on a daily basis. This not only helps you to prepare for the competitive exams but also broadens your general perspective about the world. It makes you a lot aware of what is going on around you so that you can stay more vigilant.
Why focus on current affairs
It has been noticed that the various examinations conducted by different bodies include comparatively more questions in the section of current affairs compared to the previous years. So, whatever exam you are preparing for cracking the current affairs segment has become highly essential. The reason behind is, if your preparation is good then you can easily complete the current affair portion in a minimum timeframe and save your time for the other critical sections.
Tips to master the subject
Most of us have a tendency to mug up when it comes to current affairs, but this is not the ideal way. So, here are certain tips that you can follow to help you prepare for the current affairs today:
- Regularly read newspapers – Though this is the oldest technique, till date, it is considered as one of the most effective methods.
- Go through the magazines thoroughly – This is another good option for preparing the subject concerned. Apart from current affairs, you can also consider business and sports magazines.
- Follow the news channels – Following the news channels at least once a day is very important. You need to fix a suitable time in a day and also go through the news highlights.
- Maintain a Diary – Writing down something helps in memorizing things better. Keep updating the dairy everyday and revise the same.
- Prepare as per the requirement –Some competitive exams lay stress on current topics, some on general knowledge, some on the economic and business-related news, some on national and some international so you need to channelize your preparation accordingly.
- Encash the time you spend on social media – There are a lot of news that you will come across while surfing through your social networking sites it is just that you have to keep your eyes open.
- Know your strength – While preparing, you should try and make out which areas seem to be more interesting and focus on the same.
- Try taking part in online quizzes – Evaluating through these quizzes helps to boost your confidence level.